View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2008, 23:05   #7
Simon
Banned

-

Fred and myself have not long come back from the weekly pub quiz night down the local. It's the same pub Nic dropped Fred off in last week but Fred didn't feel up to meeting all the busy quiz goers after his journey last week so decided to have a snooze in the car

This week though, Fred was eager to prove he wasn't just a pretty face and that he could hold is own during the quiz.

Image, if you will, the scene: The pub is packed with people spilling out into outside eating/drinking areas and car park. The bar is busy and the quiz is about to start. A grown man (me) then enters said pub with teddy bear under one arm......

After the inaugural embarrassment is over, Fred sits down to a huge bowl of nachos...

Washed down with a nice glass of coke

Fred enjoyed the evening and was very excited when we got into the final. However I must confess we lost on the basis of my answer to the following question: How long, from take-off to splash-down, did the Apollo 11 spaceflight and moonwalk last? The answer: 190-something hours. My guess? 240 hours. Which, was based on a 9 or 10 day journey. In the end I went for 10... BUT if I had went with 9 days then we would have answered with 216 hours which would have beat the winning teams answer of 135 hours. Doh!