View Single Post
Old 27th April 2022, 11:05   #14
skinnyL
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2003 2.5 V6 Auto Conn Tourer (Scotland) Rover 75 2000 2.0 V6 Conn (Spain)

Well I got the carpets dry after three days, after laying a towel on the underlay then treading over it to expel the water and I must have removed 2/3 gallons of water within the foam backing and about 3 gallons after the carpet was removed and i think that bis the only way to remove ALL the water from the car after removing the carpet, no way could you remove that amount of water without removing the carpet. And the sun out here helped of course.
After fixing the sunroof drains I also squirted a small amount of expanded foam in the 2 front areas to ensure they would not pull out again, just as an added precaution as I do NOT want to ever remove a carpet again.

I still have the problem of the airbag light not going out, and am haviong a garage resolder the wires under the passenger seat, as had to cut these to remove the seat, but I am now wondering if I should replace the Side Impact Sensor on the passenger side, as that was where the water lay, not on the drivers side and DMGRS have this sensor at £162.00, it is green and part no: YDB 100310 (early type) unless one is obtainable elsewhere and cheaper prehaps. Many thanks for reading this. Jim
skinnyL is offline   Reply With Quote