Old 7th June 2021, 14:21   #10
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Not now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullie480 View Post
Cat C and Cat S are listed on the log book (V5) in the notes at the bottom of the front page. Cat D and Cat N aren’t on the logbook.
I’ve never had an issue insuring a damage repaired car I’ve had a few over the years I even wrote one off after running it for 2.5 years and still got back almost double what I paid for it including repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The cat C and D was replaced a few years ago with a cat S, it stands for structurally damaged. My old Punto was fire damaged when I got it and was a cat C back then, I don't know what it would classify as now. My Cortina 2000E was a COD and slipped through the destruction net back in 1996, the car is going to be worth a small fortune soon and, no matter what it would say on the document it would sell to a person that desires it. I think it all depends on the job done with the repairs, a bad job can leave a car worthless. The Punto I had for nine years, the Cortina is staying with me until the end, the elderly couple were the Willcocks from Epworth near Doncaster, he was driving the car when it was hit, the picture was taken two years after the bump, he believed it to have been crushed but it had slipped through the net. The point being made is that a car with classic status will always be rising in value.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A1.6.jpg (139.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg A1.32.jpg (138.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 6 (2).jpg (130.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 7 (2).jpg (138.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 10 (2).jpg (136.6 KB, 13 views)
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote