View Single Post
Old 11th November 2019, 13:47   #425
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Talk about being dim..............

................................... sums me right up.

I’m a early bird, have been all my life. So when I get up of a morning and have had a shower and got dressed I make my way downstairs, put the lading light on so I can get down the stairs safely. When I get to the bottom I then switch on my main ceiling lights and turn them off once I reach the kitchen area except this morning when I flicked the switch nothing happened. So I got safely across the lounge without falling over anything and tried the other light switch. No nothing.
The next set of lights was working along with the kitchen ceiling lights.

(Downstairs is all open plan and the lights are split into 3 sections. 9 in the lounge, 2 in the gap between kitchen and lounge then there is a further 8 covering the kitchen. Lounge has two switches but the other two sets only have 1 switch each).

Tried the lounge lights again but nothing happened. Nothing I can do at the moment as my step ladder is in the garage and as it still dark outside, coupled with the rain would make it dangerous for me to get them.
So had my breakfast, took my tablets and drank my tea. I decided to put a casserole together in the slow cooker. So I set about getting that ready whilst wondering why the lights were not working. Had visions of either getting a sparky out or asking Allen to have a look if I could find nothing wrong in the fuse box.

Put the washing away, got the washing up done. It was now light enough for me to go and get the step ladder. Put the ladder up to check the fuse box, sits on the top shelf in the lobby. Opened the box and all the switches were in their correct positions. All the switches were clearly marked to what they served. And all in the up position.

Got down and tried the light switch again, knowing it was not going to work. So not disappointed when nothing happened. Wandered across to the other switch and pressed it but this time I turned the dimmer switch and the lights came on. Oh! Hum! What a numpty! I must have caught the dimmer when I pulled the curtains.
I shouldn’t be allowed out on my own. So panic over.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote