View Single Post
Old 18th February 2019, 13:41   #34
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourer View Post
As the OP, I hope I might take the thread just a tiny bit off-topic.

My CAR MECHANICS mag arrived today and coincidently featured a CTEK MXS 10 charger, which they say has a RRP of £129.99. Sure enough, everyone is advertising it at £129.99, even Halfords.
Everyone except ECP who say it should be £300.60, less 15% makes it £254.00, and then apply code LOVE50 which when you apply it makes the grand total £249.89.

I don't usually criticise ECP (I often use them) but come on. You can see why they sometimes having a reputation for bumping prices up before supposedly discounting them.

Having recently bought a suaoki car charger which charges all the types of batteries mentioned here for £35, does the £129 CTEK one charge the batteries any better than mine or the £13 one mentioned in the OP?

If a battery is charged fine by a suitable £30 charger then is there a different type of electric or something used in by the £129 one as they all apparently do the same thing i.e. get a battery back up to working order.

I am a bit of a devil for paying slightly more (within reason) for what is suposedly regarded as a slightly better product perhaps with the odd additional feature but where do you draw a line price wise on buying something that seems to do exactly the same as all the other differently priced products on the market
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote