View Single Post
Old 15th December 2019, 15:49   #240
tobi-as
Regular poster

Rover75, Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
The cost of a set of aluminium items, assembled and ready to install will be EUR65 for anyone ordering a set from the batch to be made later this month, or early May (as things look at the moment).

If you just want the bits and fit another thermostat of your choice, I will charge EUR60, then you assemble yourself.
All parts are guaranteed for one year, against cracks or other breakage. The integrity of the installation process will remain your responsibility, so check the sealing when you install.
If, for any reason, you are not happy, you will get a refund or exchange, (not postage).

The advantages of this all metal set-up, compared to the standard system are:
1. No breakage as result of age and fatigue, reliability of metal not plastic.
2. The thermostat itself can be replaced using the housing again. No more
buying of plastic bits.
3. The thermostat can be chosen for specific temperatures.
4. The thermostat can be drilled, to maintain some flow, even if it fails in the closed position, making it possible to maintain some cooling even with a failed thermostat. It will also reduce thermal shock but slightly prolong warm up.
5. The system has been designed to give you full cooling (no re-circulation through engine) at a thermostat 70 percent open (as opposed to 100% from the factory). This will ensure that your system cools fully, much earlier than from the factory, increasing safety.
6. You can drill and tap for extra temperature probe in the housing, providing for improved temperature information directly from the "battle zone"
7. You can operate without thermostat, if required.

The postage will depend on a number of issues not fully known at the moment, but I will make sure that a set will cost no more than EUR 20 with surface mail to the UK. Delivery would be in the order of 4 weeks. Speedier delivery can be made, but will have to be arranged.

I will provide better prices for bulk orders.

I am sure there will be something I have forgotten, but please ask.

If you want to contact me directly use the e-mail address below. (Insert the appropriate symbol @ in the address below)
Hi Kaiser,

are there still new editions / deliveries?

There are certainly many who want to have one - also in Germany!

Many Thanks
Tobias

Many Thanks