View Single Post
Old 21st June 2013, 19:09   #29
Seafrost
Posted a thing or two

75 Connie SE 1.8 Manual Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
Just shows that honesty doesn't pay with these sharks!

If someone's car ran into mine in a filling station and the Insurance wasn't involved, there's no way that I'd tell them, as it a No CLAIMS Discount, not a no incident discount!

I've said it before and I'll sat it again, Car Insurance in this Country is the closest thing you can come to legalised theft!
Absolutely, my car whilst legally parked outside my old house was hit, written off and I had fully comprehensive protected cover, did not stop my insurer adding to my premium as I had an accident as far as they were concerned, even though non fault, still having to declare it now some 4 years later, roll on next year no longer have to... legalised robbery for sure and the government legislation does nothing to stop them.

I miss the old days when I could insure myself on any car, most insurers did away with that, thanks to pressure from the Police to supposedly "stop" illegal drivers, not working obviously according to Police programs on tv, they still catch illegal drivers.....

Although cannot grumble at my current insurer, they quoted me dearer this renewal, I priced matched them, then added my learner partner onto the 75 tourer and it came in cheaper again, go figure ......!!!
Seafrost is offline   Reply With Quote