View Single Post
Old 20th August 2018, 08:27   #15
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

IMHO this is part of a couple of much bigger issues:

1. Everything is someone else's fault and they can, therefore, be sued for compensation. Money is EVERYTHING (if it comes with "fame" even better)......

2. Youngsters are so wrapped in cotton wool that they don't develop the "risk/danger" awareness as they grow. Consequently they don't even see BIG danger because they've never been allowed to gain experience of small dangers and develop their skills in assessing risk.

If I fall off the slide as a toddler I hurt myself.....I start to learn that some things are painful.

If I walk into the road as a school child I could get life changing injuries which no amount of money will ever make up for. But, since I never got to fall off a slide as a toddler, I haven't got that connection.

I'm not suggesting we allow children to be exposed to massive risks but they need to learn and understand about danger and it's consequences.

As a motorcyclist I well remember the saying from a vastly experienced instructor - "It doesn't matter whose fault it was - it's you lying in the road, you suffering the pain and you living with the injuries."

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote