View Single Post
Old 9th December 2019, 15:22   #65
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswestryalex View Post
Cannabis is fat soluble, not water soluble like alcohol, so it takes time for it to be removed from the system - all fatty tissues absorb it and then it releases slowly. Can take several days for it to clear the system. Also, these days the varieties of cannabis with different THC content are enormous - so 'smoking a joint' can have very different effects, depending on what type it is. This from an industrial chemist - which is why I know about such things.

I suspect that you don't think that cannabis is soluble? But that you mean THC is? 2 points worth mentioning - THC locked in fat cannot affect the brain (that's what THC does: it's a psychoactive chemical). The second point is even if it's released from the fat (by heavy exercise 'burning' fat) Studies have shown that this is less than 1% of the THC Qty in the bloodstream as when actually taking the cannabis. In other words THC in a Cannabis user's fat is there - but has no significance when discussing level of intoxication.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote