View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2019, 18:26   #22
Steve 75

Rover 75 saloon

I appreciate that but I am a gardener with a small gardening round who has just come out of a winter with three months of virtually no work so buying a new one wasn't really in my current budget, but I shall bear you in mind for any future needs.

I have bought one off Ebay which included the ECU, the immobiliser and two key fob backs with the associated transponders for £59. They came off an identical car so I felt confident that it would work okay.

I have fitted the ECU and the immobiliser unit (or whatever it is called), and have put the backs on my two keys and the car works perfectly now, except for a different and unrelated issue which I will need to get sorted, but it's running and running well.

Removing the immobiliser unit was fun, the lack of clear access left me fumbling with my security torx bits and not getting anywhere, I felt I had the right size from the three I tried by feel. I thought it was because mine were just from a cheap set of bits so I bought a set from Halfords...they didn't fit either so I crammed my head into the space to have a better look and that was how I found out they were 5 point torx bolts! I managed to borrow a set and the rest is history, I also got my money back from Halfords for the torx set I bought.

Anyhow, thank you all for your replies and help, I have been driving the car on and off all day and no problems at all.

Last edited by Steve 75; 22nd March 2019 at 18:29..
Steve 75 is offline   Reply With Quote