View Single Post
Old 8th June 2016, 18:51   #6
Pistonbroke666
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 1.8T, MG GS Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by micksnr View Post
Don't worry about the gateway, I had quite a few remaps on mine over the years.
The problem going the N/A route is RPM, the V8s rods don't like high RPM. Forged Rods, Forged Pistons a full rebuild and balance will probably cost 3.5-4k. Making the engine reliable and then N/A tuning is a lot more expensive than the Blower route, and the blower route has the potential of 600bhp.
Hi Mick

Good point about the N/A and stressing the engine at high revs as I probably wouldn't be able to resist giving it stick.

What would you say is a safe max RPM limit if going down the N/A route without forging? The yanks seem to rate the engine.

I'm perhaps leaning back to superchargers - what's the thoughts on centrifugal superchargers as they seem extremely popular in the states and look to be a very easy kit to fit with a stated 400-406bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
Trick Flow's need more technical info, They have been tried on a 260 and failed due to oil passage ways being incorrect?
Hi Andy

I did read that you need to ensure that the hollow head dowl is in the correct location to ensure correct oil feed so maybe this is the problem.

I don't suppose you could link me to the failed attempt you reference so I can see if that was the problem.

Cheers