View Single Post
Old 8th June 2016, 08:48   #1
Pistonbroke666
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 1.8T, MG GS Exclusive

Default 4.6 V8's: Going down the N/A route...

Hi all,

I’ve found myself learning more about V8 tuning whilst looking for a Yank Muscle car and naturally, I’ve been thinking about the Mustang lump in the ZT260.

Whilst being a fan of the K turbo, I’ve always fancied the 260 but the standard output hasn’t quite done it for me. Before, it seemed that the only way to get a good output was to go down the supercharger route which was expensive and now unavailable through the usual UK based channels.

What I’d like to ask V8 owners and enthusiasts is has anyone gone down the N/A route? Dreadnaught have I think…

Trick Flow, an American outfit offer a top end kit which promises 390bhp – click here for info. At $3,400 (plus shipping and import taxes), it seems like good value. There’ll of course need to be a few other bits sorted but I can’t see it exceeding the cost of a supercharger install. There are some unknowns on my part though. What ECU does the 260 use? MG-R or Mustang? These tweaks would need to be mapped in and I’m unsure if there are the capabilities over here to do it. I’m sure I read that K Maps (formally ZandF) had an offering which implies that they’ve ‘got in’.

Has anyone done it? All constructive comments welcome.

Cheers

James