View Single Post
Old 17th September 2019, 13:18   #29
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool A nice man in a YELLOW Van...................

................................................ came to Banana’s rescue.

Allen came round this morning and between us we checked all the earth points, everything seemed to be ok. Banana started perfectly ok and ticked over sweetly. No mis fire, no irregularities in the tick over. We let her sit there till she was up to temperature and the fan kicked in, ran for a minute then it shut down as per norm.

Allen suggested that we took it to the garage he uses out near Truelfoot, but I was dubious about driving her. Last place I wanted to breakdown was on the A38 had one scare yesterday, and didn’t want another one. Doubt if my heart could take it.
So Allen took me out to the garage in Ratty. We explained to the guv’nor the faults. He thought it was the crankshaft sensor. If I could get the car out there then they would have a look. I asked if the 19 plate Aston Martin Vantage was the courtesy car. That was a NO then. Belonged to one of the bosses.

Then Allen hit upon an idea, he was able to call out the AA, as he is covered by the policy in relation to whatever car he is in. So back home we went and phoned the AA at 11.30, and by 11.45 the YELLOW van was here.
He plugged the large box of tricks in and the fault was...........
........................................ fuel pump relay.

Possibly the crankshaft sensor could also be at fault but the code pointed at the fuel pump relay. He swapped a couple of relays around and the fault code went out. So that look st to be the fault.
So with the towing eye back in place, as a precaution, I led the AA van with Ratty following we drove up to Allen’s garage and Banana never missed a beat. Pulled up the steep hills like the proverbial train.

Parked outside the garage. The AA man told the guv’nor that he had left the fault codes on the system, pointed out the swapped relays and suggested that the crankshaft sensor be changed just in case. And with that he was gone. So Banana is now in yet another garage. As soon as she is ready, I’m in no rush, Allen will run me back out there to collect her.

A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR OFFERS OF HELP, ADVICE AND ENCOURAGEMENT IN ME GETTING THIS SORTED.

Means a lot to be a member of a great club.

I’ll continue the story re meeting my long lost friend tomorrow.

Photo of our 3rd ride on a flatbed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 893313AD-354C-444A-AC9C-584359245C45.jpg (18.4 KB, 20 views)

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote