View Single Post
Old 16th September 2019, 20:08   #25
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
............................ Waiting on recovery which will not be with till almost 10pm.

After this mornings problems I was finally collected and taken to MJS. Martin could find nothing wrong, he checked everything but she started OK and ran sweetly. He waited till she got up to temperature and the fan kicked in, then turned itself off as it normally would. He plugged in the magic box but no fault codes were evident. Martin then took her for a road test and she behaved.

It was then up to me whether I took a chance at getting home or finding a hotel and staying overnight but I decided to take a chance. Everything was fine till I got 33 miles up the road, then without warning everything went dead. My managed to get the hazards on a coasted to a stop. No hard shoulder just some zig zags. I was almost on the M27. But now in a dangerous position. I have never been so scared in my life. Had to phone the police to come to my rescue. They got me out of the car and safely over the barrier.

To cut long story short I was collected by one recovery company and taken to there yard in Havant. Banana was then transferred to another flat bed. They were taking part of the way then a second flat bed would collect me and take me all the way home.

And that is where I'm now, waiting the second flatbed that is coming from Weymouth to collect me. No other trucks available. Not expected to get to me till about 10pm. So I'm sat in a Tesco's car park in Hamble waiting to be collected. Luckily my small ipad has picked up a signal so that I can get the good news to you all.

Will report with further news when I can.
That car is so ungrateful after all you have done for her, cant be anything serious other wise she wouldn't have got you 33 miles up the road, hope you get it sorted pretty soon.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote