View Single Post
Old 12th December 2018, 20:11   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
My lastest 75 message centre has more lines on it than King’s Cross Station. Sadly, Ricksta hasn’t any new screens anymore, but I hope I’m on his list if he does manage to get a few more.

Just want to check another option, if I find a IPK with a good message centre screen locally is it simply a matter of swapping the eeprom chip over from my IPK to the new IPK and all will be well with no mis-matches.

Is removing the dials any problem, or refitting?

I’d rather go this route instead of pairing up the old LSM and IPK but getting mismatches elsewhere, might keep Brian happier too.

Regards
Yes changing the 93S56 EEprom from the old to the "new" will work a treat

Removing the dials is fairly straightforward, the pointers prise off carefully using a flat screwdriver, once the dial surrounds are removed, then the faces lift out.

Once this is done, disengage the tangs securing the lower 7 segment display, and the upper LCD screen can be gently unclipped from the white part, and carefully and gently moved out of the way so the PCB can be separated from the white housing.

The IC you need to change is an eight pin SOIC serial eeprom, and pin 1 is designated with a large round solder land.

Have fun

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote