View Single Post
Old 14th March 2020, 20:27   #163
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
Unfortunate fact France is now as/more expensive than UK- I base this on many years travelling and holidays in la Belle France and haven't as yet discovered the reason?? The euro? possibly? Chris.S.
Hope you don’t mind me posting on here, but I have been coming to France for years, along with Germany. My son lives in Germany. Has done since he was 18 years old, 53 now. Always enjoyed driving in France. Nowhere near as much hassle as in GB. Open roads abound everywhere. Drove down through France to visit Italy in 2006. Have many happy memories of staying in places with friends, all the way down to Briancon and over those beautiful mountain roads. We visit France every year, even if it is only on the way to Germany. Your comment about the way prices have risen over the last few years is the same for us. Of course the euro being stronger than the pound at the moment does not help, but it has always been swings and roundabouts the currency. The old saying you win some and you lose some is true. Looking forward to hopefully coming over later on this year to the Loire somewhere, so if I see you in your Rovers and MGs, I will give you a wave or a flash if it is safe to do so.

Last edited by bl52krz; 14th March 2020 at 20:30..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote