ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Blimey! I bet that shook you up,
Didn't shake me up but did severely pee me off
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
How much form filling in did that entail?
Just a driver's report form.

It wasn't supposed to be my job, a Glasgow driver was supposed to come over for it but they nicked him for something else. Because they were heavy axle loading wagons they had to go a specific route, I stopped at a junction as I was signalled a different route. Signalman said control had authorised the diversion. Got so far up a steep hill then the engine failed . . . . spectacularly! Ended up with my bollox frozen standing in the middle of nowhere, snow heaving down, waiting for the assisting loco, well into overtime when I finally got back to my own depot.

I was in my other post, relief traincrew supervisor, a couple of days later. I was speaking to the control when one of the other controllers butted in. He asked if I'd come back as a passenger on the 22:00 Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh . . . . yes . . . . was I a big guy with a beard . . . . yes. He said he was sitting a couple of seats away heading home after work (control was based in Glasgow) and was going to come over and introduce himself, I replied "probably just as f...... well you didn't"

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote