View Single Post
Old 10th May 2019, 06:05   #17
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire127 View Post

The car was transported to a local garage where after a couple of days they diagnosed a high-pressure pump failure. They fitted a new one at great cost. The garage then phoned me and said to me they had good and bad news. The good news was that after the high-pressure pump was fitted the car started and ran straight away in the workshop. The bad news was that they took it on a road test during which the car broke down, belching smoke and sucking (they found later) engine oil through the engine and filling the intercooler. On the same phone call he suggested that at least one of the injectors must be blocked for this to happen, probably caused by the failing high-pressure pump. Now, he suggested a set of diesel injectors, ouch! I sourced these myself using Ebay from Latvia, of all places. The garage fitted the new injectors, the car ran fine and I picked it up.

Two weeks later it cut out again, albeit very briefly.

Cheers

Toby
Whoever phoned you from the garage was talking nonsense.

Ford Mondeo diesels are well known for those types of HP pump/injector issues but not our cars.

Take up Russ's offer in #Post 13 and replace the ECM with a known good one before throwing any more money at it.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote