View Single Post
Old 9th May 2019, 16:15   #16
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Well ,,,,,, I can underline the plenum relationship as spot on.
My newly acquired Tourer has been serviced and other anomalies ironed out since I got her last Saturday and today I just left the house for a long weekend jaunt.
I just went around two corners near to home and up pops a nice fat E on the display and the car loses all power and refuses to pick up.
I manage to coast into a handy lay-by and turn off thinking what the hell now!!!
She would not restart just turn over.
I then remembered this very thread about cutting out and thought,, we’ve had a lot of rain today, let me have a look in the so far unchecked plenum,,,,,,Well knock me out!!! It was 3 inches deep, everything soaking wet!!!

I commenced to pull out the ECU and disconnect it, there is also a white box that was full of water!!!! This I gave a good shake out and dried it off as best I could, I found a sock in my luggage and used it to dry out the black box and wiring, then reconnected everything and said a prayer!
Well God must have been at home as the car fired up first time, no E on the dash and off I went to 50 miles without further issue except to say that the car drives so much smoother and acceleration has improved immensely.
I wonder if there has been some water issues all along causing rough running issues and intermittent power loss.

Suffice to say Clean Your Plenums Before Anything Else!!!

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote