View Single Post
Old 14th March 2019, 10:22   #14
Hellfire127

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
If the pollen filter was soggy, then the ECM has been wet

Take it out of it's casing take a look at the bottom of the PCB to see if there is evidence of corrosion specifically on the processor to the left of the AM400BT flash memory, and on the reverse of the board, again right at the bottom where there are three SMD resistors, and a transistor in a small group, a 15K 33K and a 3.3k.

The damage caused by water ingress can be instantaneous, however it can "ferment" over a few weeks, or even months.

When the car cuts out, turn the ignition off wait for 30 seconds, then turn it back to position 2 and see if the oil pressure warning lamp is lit, if not then the ECM is not being initialised, nor is it broadcasting on the CANBUS, and there will be no 12V present on the white wire with purple tracer on the UBP plug

If it is ECM related, I can sort it out easily enough

Brian
It did it again this morning 5 minutes into my journey, about the same point as the other day, so I took the opportunity to do Brians check. The Oil Pressure Lamp was illuminated so it is not doing that at least. Again, sat in the car for 5 minutes then it started. I found no amount of turning the engine over when it first cuts out will bring it to life, you just have to sit there, wait 5 mins, then turn the key.

Cheers

Toby.
Hellfire127 is offline   Reply With Quote