View Single Post
Old 28th April 2020, 11:01   #152300
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Morning all - a bit dull and overcast here - cool too. To be honest, we could do with some rain - the gardens are parched, and my water butt is empty, so we've been obliged to use the hosepipe, which causes damage to my pocket as we're on a water meter
My farmer mate tell's me his fields are as hard as concrete, despite the heavy storms earlier in the year - he says middle of February was the last 'worthwhile' rain in this area

Last week i put in a repeat prescription request for my usual supply of pills from the surgery - same as I have done for nigh on 15 years now!
There's a space on the website order form for "special notes". I typed in "In view of social distancing and self isolation, and the need for someone to collect the prescription on my behalf, can you please prescribe TWO month's supply of all items?"
Daughter collected from Boots for me last night - only ONE month's supply!
Spoke to the Prescriptions Clerk at my surgery this morning to be told I can't have a double supply, as this would "put too much pressure on the pharmacy".
Where's the logic in that?
A double prescription means that:-
  • The surgery has to issue only one prescription over 8 weeks, rather than two
  • The pharmacy has to process only one prescription over 8 weeks, rather than two
  • The pharmacy has to physically hand over the prescription only once every 8 weeks, rather than twice
  • My relatives have to queue (34 minutes last time) only once every 8 weeks, rather than twice

Surely, I'm reducing the pressure on everyone - rather than increasing it ?????

Baffled of Guisborough
Lesley and me are always given 2 months supply,maybe its a local authority thingy in Smoggyland.

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote