Thread: slight prang!
View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2019, 22:39   #1
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default slight prang!

Hi all just had a slight bump in my ZT can you believe. Just passed its MOT as well, cleaned and polished and headlight lenses buffed as they were a bit frosty. Must admit the car looked great. Then I went to work on Monday morning and collided with another car just at the end of my street. Brilliant! Its damaged the front nearside corner consisting of damaged bumper, headlight surround and lens cracked & broken (xenon lights) damaged wing and its just caught the very edge of the tip of the bonnet. As you can imagine I am thinking this will be a write-off. Putting it through the insurance at the moment. They wanted loads of photos of the damage plus all 4 corners of the car, a photo of the VIN number and the mileage on the dash. They have just got back to me today to say the engineer has assessed the vehicle and are basically saying the value of the car is £1334 minus the excess of £550 which leaves me with £728. The car is basically being written off but instead of pressing the Accept button I decided to press the Decline button. Not sure what to do now. Do I dispute the value? I have been told to go for cash in lieu of repairs and that way I avoid a salvage title being attached to the vehicle. I need your thoughts on whether to accept the write off or do I fight to keep it and try and fix it myself. Just to clarify the car is an MG ZT190SE in Pearl Black 54 plate. I also need to bear in mind the availability of parts such as headlights and wings etc with purchase costs and of course painting costs. Is it worth it to save the car or not? Mark.
Mark190 is offline   Reply With Quote