Thread: Battery life
View Single Post
Old 25th March 2024, 12:01   #43
freewheeler
Avid contributor

Rover 75 cdt connoisseur se saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchromesh View Post
I hope my post 35 doesn't push you to prematurely replace your battery. I returned to your post 1 and noted that you weren't actually having battery problems you just wanted to know if it would still start after being parked for a prolonged period. I mixed your post up with another where the op was actually having battery problems. If your alternator is charging and the battery is fully charged when you reach the airport and your car's sleep current is similar to mine (16mA) you should be alright. After two weeks your battery will have lost approximately 20% of its charge. Despite keeping an eye on the condition of my car battery I still have a lithium-ion jump starter in my boot just in case.
No worries and thanks for your input. I am having problems with the battery at the moment, can't guarantee the car will start after leaving it overnight but I plan to take the battery off and charge it for two days and recheck the readings. When I did a drain test mine dropped to 80 milleamp but I may not have left it long enough to fully go to sleep. The RAC guy was happy with the drain when he checked it on Saturday. I have the module fitted where I can text the fuel burning heater to kick from the comfort of my lounge, with the heater not running, just the module then the reading is 180 milleamp but then again I may not have left it long enough to fully go to sleep. Anyway I pulled the fuse for the module so that is out of the equation. Cheers, Dave
freewheeler is offline   Reply With Quote