View Single Post
Old 28th September 2020, 15:51   #1
n00bzi11a

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Rover 75 remote key not working

Hi.
A couple weeks one of my remote keys stopped working (locked the car with the remote at night, next morning didn't unlock using the remote, no response from the car, had to unlock it with the key on driver's door). The battery for the remote was only 6 months old but I've changed it anyways, still no luck.

There are no red LED on the remote, so I've assumed that something was wrong with the key and went for the second one.

The second remote was ok but stopped working after a week, same way (went to the store, remote locked the car and when Ive returned, I'm not sure if I pressed the lock button again because the turn signals flashed but then no response and the car remained locked)

The second remote was showing no red LED, went home to replace the remote battery, but the LED was now solid red by itself (not flashing, just on).

• I've checked fuses for the alarm, interior lights, and other 5 Amp fuses but every single one of them was ok.
  • Removed the key battery and replaced it, the LED now lights up when pressed but the car doesn't respond to the remote.
  • Locking the car with the key on the drivers door locks everything and arms the alarm. Unlocking first time only unlocks the drivers door (as expected) and second unlocking unlocks everything else (again as expected).
  • The rocker switch next to the handbrake locks and unlocks without issues.
  • I've replaced the RF Receiver behind the dashboard but the issue remains.
  • Car battery is at 13.03V with everything turned off, cranks just fine and without any hesitation.
  • The alarm sounds just fine if the dor is opened from the inside when the car was locked from the outside.
  • Front Plenum is bone dry and didn't rain for weeks before the issue appeared.
  • I've left the car with the battery disconnected for 1 hour, tried the remote synchronization but nothing happened

In a nutshell, everything works fine except remote lock and unlock.

Since finding someone with a T4 here in Portugal is at least challenging, is there anything that I should try?

Thanks in Advance.
n00bzi11a is offline   Reply With Quote