View Single Post
Old 10th November 2009, 14:44   #2
Cymrudragon
I really should get out more.......

MGZTT2.5 V6 190+ SE 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Had a long needed break this weekend and decided a trip from South to North Wales was in order. Taking in Chester & Manchester over the weekend covered around 650 miles. Finally got to Portmeirion and of course Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch.

Stayed away from Motorways whenever possible just wanted to enjoy the cross country A roads from Margam, the Neath Valley, Brecon, Builth Wells and on....... :lol:

The car motored well and purred along in comfort. I was surprised on how much poke there was up and down the valleys too for my 1.8, it must be said that engine has some hidden powers. I think it gets unfounded bad press at times.

It got me thinking a club convoy covering the entire A470 should be organised ending up in Cardiff! Anyone interested some fantastic scenery. Also the Brecon Beacons road that's one for the ZT owners
Sounds like you had a nice time Parker, cant say i have been to Llanfair-PG, but me and family stayed in a log cabin in Mongomeryshire for a week not far from Builth-wells and had a great time. Wales has some of the best countryside in the world i think and we dont know how luky we are to have it on our door step. as for the engine, well my zt-t seams to be a high reving, and i think it would be better if it had a 6th gear i dont know about the 1.8 thou.
Andrew
Cymrudragon is offline   Reply With Quote