View Single Post
Old 12th November 2019, 12:29   #54
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Update! If all goes to plan, I have a 1978 MG BGT that is being delivered to me this afternoon, call me mad as I've bought it blind.

I've not blown the budget, bought her at a good price, so there's money in the kitty to hopefully get her upto a good standard.

I guess she will be a usable rolling restoration, something for those winter months, most probably rolling into next summer, and the next, and the next, and so on. lol

Wish me luck.

Oh! Its a bloooming rubber bumper model.
Mines a 78, and I bought it through rose tinted spectacles , some 13 years ago on a whim, thinking I'd only keep it a couple of years . It's not pretty, has rusty door bottoms and rear wheel arches are going but I enjoy it. I've not spent much money on it as every year I keep saying " if it's going to cost a lot to go through the mot I'll get rid of it". Other than general wear and tear/ motoring costs the only "expensive" buy was some chrome Rostyle wheels.

Oh, and buy the way, rubber bumper models are getting more desirable as they get rarer . Imho keep it as it is, a rubber bumper and enjoy it.

Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote