View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2016, 21:52   #9
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

After a two year absence I find myself drawn back to this forum by the recent news of not one but two fully functional diagnostic systems.

But what caused me to leave this forum in the first place? Well anyone who recalls the faultless remote T4’s 100% reliable connection through my adsl internet and how Ed restored my car to full functionality 1000 kms from his computer also remembers that this project was not well received by the cartel. Ed was banned because he wanted to help people and yet more senior others could, and have continued to spread bile without any censor. And are then apparently caught pirating software not from someone unknown but a colleague, seems the names Phil and Brian crop-up. What comes around……

So now we have two full systems, one at no cost and the other involving a trader costs a bit more and how would this work for us overseas, TeamViewer installation? and then the discs.

It was always my wish that someone should continue and develop the remote T4 system where an owner could get qualified help from his own driveway, even if that driveway were 4,000 miles away.

But soon we will all be able to wreck havoc on our machine - but who’s going to be there to fix them, or advise on a problem they’ve met before, or modify the ZCS coding?

My preference most be the Polish application as I’ve already got my old XP machine with the Edibas interface, and it will cost me nothing. I’ve also got a soft spot for Poles (two of my wartime uncles) and the Poles were the guys who did the ground work on the Enigma.

If the Polish club did indeed want to make money then why not go for the grail as the English gurus rejected it: The ability to connect to a car in perhaps Turkey and diagnose and fix/advise on the problem, or a car in North Devon which just won’t start, or has fitted something new and wants the zcs codes modified. Many owners, me included, would pay a premium price for a premium service.

And a bit of history for those not around then: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=168663

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote