View Single Post
Old 18th July 2019, 07:55   #22
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I got the result I voted for, but I would have accepted the alternative result with good grace. I would not have been trying to insist on another vote, just because it hadn't gone the way I wanted.

As would I

However, I have a sneaky suspicion that had the vote gone the other way then those that got the result they wanted would be the first to insist that “their” result stood and no second referendum would be allowed.

There is no “impasse” IMO - what we have is a clear vote by the population to leave and that must be honoured.

The stumbling block is the out of touch MP’s in the HoC’s who despite supposedly representing the U.K. population actually present us with a HoC’s that is not in favour of “Leave”.

Those MP’s that want to Remain have tried all sorts of “dirty tricks” - including the most ridiculous of trying to remove the No Deal option from the negotiating table!!

It frankly beggars belief that these so called representatives of the people can seek to remove that most basic of negotiating options - the option to walk away.

Only if we have that option can you get BOTH sides to discuss what is best for both. To have to negotiate with both arms tied behind your back is more than crazy - it’s stupid!