View Single Post
Old 13th May 2020, 18:03   #1
sjc
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 180 Sports +, 2007 completely restored XJ 4.2 LWB Sovereign,Noble M400,LR Discovery 3

Default Well, it looks like I may be in for the third time !

Well after having two V6 75’s over the course of 11 years and 180’000 miles and having the need for an estate I thought I was a bit Rovered out and was looking elsewhere at newer and more expensive V70’s and such like, until a nice MK1 V6 ZT-T full history/ belts done/ virtually one owner turned up, which I may have bought (will know tomorrow).
I’m not a huge contributor to the forum at all( mainly because touchwood my cars have been so reliable ) although I was active some years back when my car was featured here ...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WMAzi6MKxzA

So moving on, the one I may be getting doesn’t appear to be a car from the club, and I can’t remember all the little mods that these cars need.
What I can remember for the Mk1’s are plenum drain covers, handbrake compensator, bonnet cable block, gold fan resistor. Does a certain guru called Jules still supply all this and what else have I forgotten ??!
Also who do I give the chassis number to so they kindly tell me it’s spec and standing ?
And, I understand that the RadioGuy bloke isn’t around, so are the Xtrons units the flavour of the month now?

Anything else to help my memory for these cars will be hugely appreciated !