View Single Post
Old 15th November 2021, 17:00   #1
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Default A few teasers from another day in paradise

Getting to the NEC this year and setting up the club stand was as much an experience as the remaining 3 days manning the club stand. Imagine the scene ... 3 very clean and shiny cars met up early Thursday morning at the nearby Premier Inn before setting out in convoy for the NEC. Unfortunately, the road to the centre was being widened and as a result was covered in liquid mud all the way. So 3 rather filthy cars eventually made it to join the queue of other organisers slowly inching our way towards Hall 4. During the stop start crawl onto the site I had the joyful experience of some inattentive Mercedes driving into the back of me. Luckily no real damage beyond a slight scuff (which I polished out later) to the rear bumper but not a good start! Once into the hall and getting the cars into position we were then faced with how do we wash the cars down and clean the wheels and wheel wells which were dripping with the liquid clay like mud. Raiding a cleaners cupboard a bucket was requisitioned and with Rogers (LimoRog) sponge and a few cloths an afternoons graft and ample supplies of coffee and cookies all 3 cars were restored and ready for a busy and successful weekend.
For those that couldn’t make it this year here’s just a few from a selection that I snapped on the Saturday.
First the club stand .....

Other Rovers on the surrounding stands .....
Lovely P5 Coupe

P6 3500

400/45

800’s

Rover Metro

A few classics that might stir memories .....
Press launch Classic Range Rover

Triumph Dolomites pre war and final 1980's

Triumph 2500

Vauxhall Ventura

Vauxhall Cresta

Beautiful restored Austin 1800 “Land Crab”

Humber Vogue

Capri

Jaguar E Type

The New BAE Vantare

Porsche 356

Porsche 911 and Taycan

There was also a hall full of bikes which don’t really float my boat but for any 2 / 3 wheeled fans here’s a taster of some BSA’s and Goldwings that could be seen

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Last edited by Nobby; 15th November 2021 at 18:36..
Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote