View Single Post
Old 16th February 2022, 12:11   #163885
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I noticed the ammeter overloads easily if you try & give it too much whelly too soon & jumps up into the red.
It was pure frustration, softly softly with the throttle trying to get the train moving again until f... that and banged it straight to full throttle. It should have overloaded but instead the ammeter went right off the scale . . . . almost bent the needle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
There are some nice touches on this sim when you slow down & stop with a train of 18 coal wagons, you get the slack being taken up & bumping you when you brake, Liking this Class 20 a lot.
Believe it or not when I started in 1980 unbraked goods trains still existed, particularly weekend track maintenance trains. Only brakes you had was the straight air brake on the loco and the wind on handbrake in the brake van at the rear for the guard. There used to signs at the lineside "AWB", apply wagon brakes, on falling gradients. The guard would have to apply the handbrakes on a number of the wagons or the train was liable to run away out of control.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote