View Single Post
Old 11th December 2019, 09:04   #13
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I assume we are talking rear upper arm, apparently DMGRS are getting in some good ones, check the forum for their post about them or see their web site, not sure if the web site has any info.

macafee2
DMGRS seem to have sold all of the good ones already - see https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/...c-mg-pre-order (select PAIR or MEGA BUNDLE option in dropdown).

I think the OP is talking about the rear upper arm (bolted to the rear subframe) and not the front suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75 tinkerer View Post
...... I'd read some of the posts but obviously failed to understand how bad the Indian arms are.
The drain holes on the Indian arms are in a slightly different position - which means they don't line up with the drain cutouts in the rubber spring isolators, so water has nowhere to escape.

Pic: top is the Indian arm; bottom is the factory arm (note drain holes are further away from the vertical 'wall' of the dished area).

The way round it is to trim about 5ml off the edge of the rubber isolator, then the cutouts and the drain holes will line up. (Brian suggested this and I've done it).

Last edited by Blink; 11th December 2019 at 09:11..
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote