Samuelle
Regular poster

MG ZT CDTI 135+

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcbadam View Post
do some have a boot pull then. mines a push button

Your not a copper by any chance are you

Mine has a push button as well now that I think about it, (as well as key button opening, which I didn't realise for the first few weeks of ownership!).

Thanks to Simon I managed to get my bonnet open again fairly easily. Everything oiled and greased, and the splitter turned around and cable tied and working smoothly. I noticed while oiling the cable for the nearside lock that it was sticking at about 3/4ths open, and felt like there was a bit of grit stuck in the lock, so I guess that's what caused it.

Unfortunately the afternoon post beat me home by 10mins so I'll have to wait 'till the weekend to play with the synergy. Thanks for the help - Dan.

Edit: Some of you may be way ahead of me here, but the lights just come on for me. The bonnet's not opened much for a few years, and then a keen new owner servicing it in bits and pieces, so bits of grit around the dirty old lock make their way into the mechanism. So my next 'new to me' car, the bonnet lock is going to be top of the service list.

Last edited by Samuelle; 4th September 2008 at 22:43..
Samuelle is offline   Reply With Quote