View Single Post
Old 21st January 2022, 10:53   #163432
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Morning Ian, we have been having a problem with flies landing and staying on our sliding patio doors overlooking the garden. As you know we have several cows and donkeys yielding good quality poo for manure. The animals attracts the flies

I would like the flies to go somewhere else.
Have you any suggestions? Is there something I can make up to attach to a tree some way off from the house the flies would go to?

Morning Phil, You cant beat a good supply of cow/horse manure for the garden plants, I'm going to be clearing an area in the front garden & putting manure down ready for flowers this year, I've not been able to get down to the well rotted muck pile where our daughter stables her horse because the ground is too boggy, You cant even push a wheelbarrow over it without sinking & it's a good walk to it.

Flies sunning themselves on the glass, Two of our cats are on permanent fly patrol in the Summer, They dive head first into the window to scare away flies that land on the conservatory windows outside

I suppose an hessian sack with manure hung up on the tree might tempt them away. I was going to sow some Sweet pea seeds I saved from last year & put them in the cold frame but it's too cold & damp out there today for me.
Feet up in front of the fire day for me.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote