Thread: Oil change
View Single Post
Old 1st March 2007, 13:31   #11
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinW View Post
John
I don't often look in Halfords at the diesel engine oils, and I had thought there might have been a specific diesel version but I wasn't sure. Would you do me a favour, please, could you tell me what API rating is on your container? It will be on the back side in fine print. I guess you will find it is a much higher API C rating, possibly CI-4 (4 for 4 stroke) whilst the S rating will be lower, possibly SG or SH.

But a good point, all CDTi owners should look to see that the Mobil1 oil 0W40 is teh diesel spec version and not the petrol spec version.
Martin
Right gone through whole very Brief details printed on 5 litre container (same as the leaflet on 1 litre ones)Fully Synthetic and it gives IMHO very few clues the whole panel gives its recommended for all the Different Makers Cars under individual Codes (BMW, etc) then has the following statement: Meets or exceeds: AC, EA, AJ B3, B4 then API: SJ/SC/EC/SM/CF No numbers or other details stated and at £38 per container you would think better info other than suitable for all Modern Turbo Diesels engines without changing for 15000 miles.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote