View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2019, 16:03   #420
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Been here 106 days now..................

....................................... and cooking my first proper roast dinner. Peeled and par boiled the spuds, prepared the joint of pork with some salt on the fat to make some cracklings although I’m not a great fan of it and peeled the sprouts. Gravy to add and then it’s nose bag time. Dessert is an apple and all washed down with some cranberry juice and tonic.

Glyn came on Thursday to fit my Venetian blinds, 2 in the lounge, 1 in the kitchen, 1 on the upstairs landing and 1 each in the two spare bedrooms. Although the blinds fitted OK the finishing plinths did not. Only one was the correct size the rest were too short. So he had to order the replacements. So he came back Saturday and fitted all but one, again the wrong size. So have to wait for the last one to be fitted.

Figured out that the walls in the dining room, inside, were plasterboard and not brick as I first thought. So now I have managed to get more pictures up, mainly Banana’s awards. Also put up my smoke alarm in the lounge.
Up in the second bedroom I have now put on the window ledge my 1/12th scale Jaguar XJ220 collection, 7 cars and all in custom built display cases.
Moved one of the 1/8th scale Lamborghinis out and onto the widow ledge on the landing. Looks the part sitting there.
Allen is going to come round and put my wooden surround mirror up, needs to be straight and not crooked.

The gardens are all sorted out, done the weeding in the week. Grass is also cut, and the triffid in the greenhouse has been watered.
Garage needs sorting out, need to get the rocks out to start building my rock garden.
Bought a steam cleaner last Saturday and now we really clean floors, never realised how grubby they were. The mop has an attachment that allows you to clean carpets, will give this a try on my rug first making sure I get it right.
After all the breakdown sagas from last weekend I treated Banana to clean inside and out.

Washed the Loud One as well. She goes into the garage on Tuesday to have a rattle sorted out. But she is still running sweet, nearly on 62k miles. Needs claying at some point, will get this done before the bad weather sets in.

That’s it for now as dinner is nearly ready.

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 22nd September 2019 at 16:54.. Reason: Spellin’
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote