View Single Post
Old 20th October 2019, 19:19   #57
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Nano meets over for 2019 roll on 2020 meets.

What can I say but the last meet of our 2019 season as been one of the best ever meets I have had the pleasure to be at, Saturday was exceptional over 40 cars, a record I would say for one of our meets, it was great to see and hear lots of different owners & members swapping stories & knowledge about these great cars, once again nice to all crew and members get together to work along side each other in complete harmony also complimenting each in the jobs they under took on their own or others cars.

Today Sunday was also a wonderful turn out, 32 cars I think I counted it could have been more at one point, happy to see that Chris & Pam got their light problem sorted out, and for making endless cup of tea & coffee for us, they also turn up along with Pete, Derek to camp on the Friday day nights looking after the tents if we have erected them, we even had a member ( John Grout20) drive over three hours to come to his first meet, the meets are still as good as when they first started, we had quite a few new faces and as always lots of familiar faces whom come to every meet.

Many thanks for those that attend, if you didn't then the meets could well die off, as long as we have the enthusiasm for these cars then I can only see the meets carrying on for quite a long time, big thank you to all the crew for as always willing to help out, thank you to Dave & Mariana traveling and putting up with the 3 hours traffic they got stuck in to share his special skills on vis motors and more, Mark for always turning up with the tent come rain or shine, jubbs for sharing his ICE knowledge, Jamie for his VT4 work he as come on leaps & bounds since I first meet him about 4 years ago to a very knowledgeable enthusiast, trebor & devlish for there gained knowledge in the field of FBH, Woolley for being one of the old stalwarts and our flag flyer come hot water kettle boiler, Scott who will always get stuck in on any job needing doing he as got the rear stuck seats down to a fine art now I watched him today release one with in about 40 seconds John who is great with electrics rear blinds etc he was sadly absent but quite a few people asked about him, and last but not least a special thank you to Duncan for all his work on the T4 on the Saturday he was well over run with cars to T4 you've got to have great patience, ability to wait for something without frustration is a skill itself to on car after car also answer questions fired at you from al angles, fountain of knowledge and a great aspect of one's personality, I owe him a very personal thank you for sorting out a touch screen for my T4 at home which I will now spend hours getting to learn on over the winter months really appreciated.

So once again lets give our selves members & crew a big see you all next year if not before pleasure to know and work along all of you cheers Arctic.

PS if i have missed anyone out I am truly sorry

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 20th October 2019 at 19:44.. Reason: rectification
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote