View Single Post
Old 20th March 2021, 17:49   #158459
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
The other problem is a neighbour 4 doors down with 11 yes eleven cars blocking up the back service road up as well as some being parked up on the main street at the front of his & other peoples houses.
Where we used to live was a cul de sac within a no through road estate, the female partner of our neighbour was like parking gestapo! There were three spaces directly in front of the houses and ample parking in an area at the end. She regarded one of the spots directly in front of the houses as hers . . . . they were actually dedicated visitor parking but if they couldn't get into "their" spot which meant a minimal walk to their front door she was furious. If they had to park in one of the spaces at the end of the cul de sac she'd storm into the house, come out and actually photograph the cars occupying the spaces in front of the houses. Mind you she was an inconsiderate idiot, ripped into an elderly neighbour's daughter for taking up a parking space while visiting her parents New neighbours move in next door to them, the guy came home one day to find a note through his letterbox. He thought, oh, a welcome note from a neighbour, it wasn't. It was a note from her, "don't lean your bike against my fence"! The guy was all for going round and getting torn into her but his wife calmed him down.

I was helping a mate by driving one of his taxis off and on for a while, because the taxi sometimes sat outside the house she reported me to the council for running a business from home! Robin, the guy, was ok when he first moved in, when she moved in with him she managed to alienate everybody else in what had been a friendly wee cul de sac. I wasn't sorry when we moved here after my parents passed away.

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 20th March 2021 at 17:52..
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote