View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2019, 18:31   #12
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
Just yet another reason for me to not bother visiting Bristol, and I was born there and all my family are still there! (mostly on the outskirts though). As long as they don't try incorporating the M4/M5 into any anti diesel scheme.
When the centre of Bristol dies because no one goes there, local councillors will form a new committee to find out why.
Earlier this year we took our 2 granddaughters for a long weekend in Bristol. I must say we found loads to do within walking distance of our hotel apart from the Zoo which was a taxi ride.
We drove to the hotel. Why? Because one of them had a health condition that I would not expect her to suffer on public transport. The car was safe, private and comfortable for her. I have no doubt we would have thought again about the trip and maybe not gone if my LPG Rover 75 was banned from the City. I realise not everyone has to factor health into their decisions. I spent a small fortune in 3 days there. Can a City afford to put doubt in people’s minds? More importantly, as I have suggested, can the City provide an alternative such as Oxford’s park and ride which works so well?
This dilemma is going to take many years to unravel.