View Single Post
Old 7th July 2020, 20:02   #14
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
i see some parallels here in hong kong as to the actions of the chinese authorities. for those of you that remember the idi amin fiasco in uganda in the sixties. this was against the super rich asian community with businesses and heavy bank accounts. he kicked them out eventually but not before he first froze their bank accounts then later emptied them to the state. the uk welcomed this idea and took thousands of decent hard working citizens here many of who came to settle in leicester here where i live and other areas around the country. penniless entrepeneurs are not what boris originally had in mind. china will not let this money go and british passport holders will not be allowed to leave. they will do eventually but not with a bank account thats worth looking at. british businesses will come under the cosh too and they will be along with their bank balances targeted. as the chinese ambassador has already said the uk will pay the price for this interference and will feel the consequences. so if you have been waiting for a council house forget it ... they are already spoken for . this is how i see it may happen but of course i hope im wrong.
Surely the folk with really large bank accounts would have the sense to place money elsewhere.--Never carry your eggs all in one basket.

In fact half a dozen baskets would be so much better.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote