View Single Post
Old 17th February 2019, 18:45   #16
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Well,,, after a bit of a wait, i procured a second hand genuine 120 amp 2 pin alternator of the Bay with 2011 stamped on it so its a low miler.

I changed the regulator brushes for the new set bought prior, I was going to do the whole thing properly and change the slip rings and bearing but as it was in good shape with minimal wear to the commutator, I just striped the alternator down, thoroughly degreased it (Jizer) and threw it in the dishwasher for an intense wash,, it was a real grotty state. I think a previous owner had tipped a lot of engine oil over it or had a leaky oil filter canister.

I decided to follow the above method from Snagger and go in 'from the top'.

I followed a print out of the above posters method and as i have a rather good high-lift alloy professional jack and some decent axle stands it was a no brainer.

The weather today was excellent if a bit blowy but all went to plan.

Being able to raise and lower the engine at will made it all work very well and no dirt in my eyes from doing it all underneath.

The only help i needed was to push the engine backwards enough to allow enough space to extract the alternator up out of its hole, and then again to lower the replacement one in.

I had a couple of spare gates belts to hand bought of a member here and as the AC one was seriously shot, (166,000 miles) they both got changed as a bonus.

The whole job took 5 hours and although I said never again, i would do it the same way every time.

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.

Last edited by Clickernick; 17th February 2019 at 18:48..
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote