View Single Post
Old 1st February 2019, 19:33   #15
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Well,,,, what can I add?.
Well,, three days ago my MG battery light started to come on and go off intermittentlywhilst diving and then on Wednesday stay on all the time. Suspecting a now duff regulator (been here before), following advice here, I did a quick check on the plug to the alternator and upon seeing 2 female connectors I immediately ordered a 2 pin jobbie of the Bay!

It arrived on Thursday and so I promptly set about the tortuous task of removing the reg.
All went well until I could not find the regulator middle nut. I kept looking at the new part as a reference. To make matters worse, Someone (Valeo) had smothered the area with black gunge making it impossible to find the said Nut.

Cursing the French and scrapping my knuckles, pulling like an A4 Pacific, I managed to wreck the whole thing, bits everywhere,,,,,, only to discover that although I had 2 connections in the plug, the reg was a 3 pin affair, hence there was no centre Nut but 2 small 7mm nut heads to remove.
Damn and blast!! Check the regulator pins not the plug!!

Too late now, I had trashed the rectifier as well!! Doh!!! (more cursing to follow, and now apologies in abundance to the French)

I have now ordered a used 100260 2 pin alternator £40 which I will, for my sins, refurb with the already purchased 2 pin regulator along with new slip rings and new bearing from Matt at DMGRS.
A good YouTube video has shown how to do this so maybe this time I’ll get it all right!!
https://youtu.be/f56-26I6idc
Why does it always happen in January,, please someone tell me!!!

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.

Last edited by Clickernick; 1st February 2019 at 19:40..
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote