View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2011, 19:16   #6
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk boy View Post
hi from the sounds of it the car is overfuelling.i am lead to belive that the pierburg maf is not as compatable as we where lead to belive try unplugging it to se if that makes any diffrence .as for changing it you only need to change the sensor not the housing the bottom torx screw is very hard to access belive you me leave well alone
Please explain as I have had no feedback to support this.

The Pierburgh maf's are not everlasting and it is possible that Marc.t1s is overfuelling the engine and if less than 12months old, will be replaced under warranty if supplied by me.

If it is, switching off the Synergy maf switch should have less effect than it otherwise would. (with a working PB maf, there would be a big drop in torque below 2500rpm with the maf switch off)

Rest assured, I listen to an act upon all feedback if I feel I can improve upon performance or economy.
However I am aware that some owners are being sold or advised to buy the wrong Pierburgh maf - the 684.09.0 version with an IAT which is meant for some BMWs. It is NOT compatible with the 75/ZT or Freelander TD4 with or without a Synergy 2 fitted.
Ron