View Single Post
Old 5th November 2019, 22:53   #13
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTailor View Post
You can consider Roku but personally I like Firestick more. Originally I bought a Roku stick which was good - but we then replaced it very soon with Amazon Firestick. The Amazon Fire Stick connects wirelessly to your internet router and allows you to watch Amazon Prime TV and Movies and also Netflix. You will need to subscribe to these to be able to watch their content. I use torrent sites https://www.firesticktricks.com/best-torrent-sites.html to get access to whatever I want.
I already have a fire stick, I like what it's supposed to do. Unfortunately it only does it when it want's. Disconnects from the wifi on a daily basis and takes an age to get it to reconnect. Factory reset hasn't helped. It also randomly switches itself off, and if it does that, you have to leave it for at least 3 hours before it'll entertain the idea of doing anything again. I've a lot of reviews online with the same issue, and no support from amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
is the Firestick the original version ? , We have both the older and the new alexa version. the later one is a lot better altogether although if tuned a bit and the latest software put in it the old one still works well .

C
It's the latest version, with the alexa voice control, much to our amusement when my son wanted to watch 'Really big trains', but it misunderstood his voice, search results appeared for willy big trains.

A member has given me his old Now TV box, and while it hasn't got prime tv on it, it does everything else we want, and hasn't crashed or lost connection once so far.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote