View Single Post
Old 17th November 2019, 20:33   #17
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
on another forum a belong to I've been given a warning.
I had raised a thread no general chat section. I had seen the section title but had mistakenly thought the sub sections were the topics it covered.

I'm so naughty

macafee2

Here's my warning
You joined Caravan Talk in September 2012, and have submitted 1,271 posts on the forum, yet seven years later you still claim not to know about the existence of the "Social Club", an area of the forum where you can discuss topics not necessarily related to caravans! We find this extremely hard to understand, and believe that your thread entitled, "No general chat section" and the following provocative posts are a deliberate ploy to cause trouble for our administration and moderating team.
Appropriately therefore for the next week we will monitor your posts before allowing them to be published. Acceptable posts will be approved however unacceptable ones will be filtered out. We trust that this will give you time to reflect upon your actions. Remember that further provocative posts may well incur more restrictions in line with the terms of use for this forum, and with which you have agreed to abide. We advise you therefore to click on the "Guidelines" accessible from the white header bar and scroll down to the T&Cs section to familiarise yourself with the content.
Two warning points have been added to your profile for moderators and admins to see and you will need to acknowledge this formal warning before you are able to post again.
Admin
Hi Ian - in my experience Caravan Forums are infested with oddballs whose aim in life is to be offended. We caravanned for many years and loved it. But by heck some that we met were a rum lot and those that frequent the caravan forums are even odder.

I made the mistake once of saying I liked caravanning because we have dogs and they enjoy it too. The vitriol and spite that then erupted against dogs was amazing.

Later - after I posted that we had placed our caravan on a seasonal pitch (my MiL was ill and we cared for her so doing this suited our needs) - some “caravaners” on the forum were really quite nasty in their comments because from their limited viewpoint - as I no longer toured - I wasn’t “one of them”.

I quite forcibly agreed and told them to get a life - and guess what! - I received a message from a mod remarkably similar to the one you received Ian.

Some caravanners are a truly sad bunch....
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote