View Single Post
Old 26th July 2018, 18:04   #28
Outlaw 41
Loves to post

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I know you did not, this is what was said
by you All our emergency services should be exempt from all parking restrictions.

by me why?
You would be giving them the right to park how they please for what ever reason. As someone whos' property is being damaged by someone because "they have the right to do it" I find your suggestion horrifying.

I was merely pointing out that someone has the right to damage my land and so they do. Giving someone the right to do something needs serious consideration. Consider all parking restrictions, now allow emergency vehicles not on a shout to ignore them

if this is true, I copied this from the net
"As far as I understand it, you can park across someones dropped kerb if they are not in the garage/driveway. ie you can't block them in. This is classed as obstruction and you can be ticketed for it. If you are not blocking anyone in, then you can park across a kerb"

ok, you are parked in your drive, emergency vehicle not on a shout parks across your drive. when you go to leave you cannot get out, cannot find driver and are late for work, meeting, interview, court. You have made the emergency vehicle exempt from this restriction and so now have no right to complain.

perhaps I did not make my point well enough but I hope you can see a parallel, give people the ok to do something and one or more of them will, moral code, sense of right and wrong do not enter their mind.

with my example, do you still want "All our emergency services should be exempt from all parking restrictions"?

were your meaning all the time or only when on a shout?

you jumped down my throat but misunderstood my post

No I don't think in the op post a ticket should have been issued.

macafee2
How many Police ,Paramedics,Ambulance,Fire Service etc go joy riding ? How many of the fire Service etc take their work vehicles home with them ? If they are in your street they are there for a valid reason and thank God that they are .
Outlaw 41 is offline   Reply With Quote