View Single Post
Old 21st April 2017, 06:55   #3
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool If of a sensitive nature................

...........................then don't read this, you can read the bit about the food but not the rest.

So after getting ourselves ready we set off towards the carvery. We took "Pooky Bear" as "Morris" was blocked in and Shirley did not want to drive her 75. Soon had the supercharger singing with the Xpowers supplying the bass.
We was meeting our friends at the pub and as we rolled in we spotted there 75 Tourer and parked up alongside.

They were already inside and waiting for us. Food!!! This is still the Best Toby Carvery I have been to, and believe me I've been to a few. Dessert? Oh! Go on then, only ice cream though. Once finished we sat and chatted for nearly 2 hours, pub was quite so no rush for us to move. Time to say our goodbyes till Sunday when we will meet up again for "Ratty's" breakfast meet.

We were soon trundling back when a warning light appeared on the dashboard, oh! no! Blast, low fuel light. So we conserved what fuel we had left by keeping the pedal in a fixed position, 69.9mph (coff!). Found a garage open and started to fill the thirsty beast. Thought there must be hole in the tank as there seemed to be a lot going in, more than usual.

NOW'S THE TIME TO LOOK AWAY

Still we had covered almost 290 miles at 69.9mph, whenever we could. Allowing for slow traffic and the roadworks plus the smokey in the plain wrapper. Still I suppose 20.4 mpg ain't bad for heavy car

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote