View Single Post
Old 20th April 2017, 17:50   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Whoops!!!!!................................

.....................................honestly officer I did not see you.

Well the day started off well in the sunshine on our trip to Devon. Traffic was a bit heavy getting onto the M11 but we was soon running ok, onto the M25 and into the rain and the slow traffic. Well there is a surprise, good old car park. But at least it was moving. Once past the M1 turn off the traffic sped up and so did I but only as far as 69.9mph.

Soon onto the M4 and the showers. But at least we was able to keep speed constant. Not bothered about stopping for a wee. Just keep going till I need to stop, usually on the M5 at Sedgemoor. Lights on as the rain started to get heavier. Then the sun was out, so lights off.

Soon onto the M5 and running down towards our first stop at Sedgemoor services. Stopped for a wee then a quick coffee and back onto the road. Started catching up a Black 3 series Beemer, still at 69.9mph plus. As I gradually shot past the Beemer I noticed at the last moment it's blue lights, they were off but I could make out the units, in the rear window and as I glanced at the driver I noticed he was a nice policeman. Still I got past and then indicated back into the inside lane. And he stayed behind me all the way to Bridgewater services. Obviously not that interested in the traffic that was speeding past us.

He then pulled into the services, phew!! But he must have drove straight through as he came out with his blues and two's on. Oh! Poo I thought but with a wave of his hand he was gone off done the road at the speed of light, never to be seen again. So I wound the elastic band up a bit more and carried on my journey.

Soon off of the M5 and onto the A380. Stopped at Marks & Spencer's in Barton to buy Shirley some flowers, it was her birthday yesterday and I had a card with me. Phoned Matt to get the kettle on. Pulled up outside their home at 14.15. That was 240 miles covered in 4 & a quarter hours. And I still had a quarter tank left. Happy with that.

3 cups of tea later and now getting ready to go out to the carvery.

Saw 2 Moonstone's on the way down. A 'Y' plate in Barkingside and a scruffy, needing a wash, 02 plate Tourer on the M25.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 21st April 2017 at 06:59.. Reason: Editing out the swear filter as the word used is not a swear word.
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote