View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2019, 22:19   #146436
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
If your blood sugar levels aren't too high Rich, it isn't too difficult to reduce them to acceptable levels by diet alone - no pills. I've managed to keep mine under control by subtle changes to what I eat, cut out the biscuits and almost eradicated bread - no stotties I'm afraid . I've now gone nigh on 4 years since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and flown through my annual reviews with no problems.
Starting from now, I will be changing my diet, no more biscuits,cakes,chocolate or crisps until the level is down to an acceptable reading, and even then, will be cutting down and not having as much as I used to. What I want is to avoid getting type 2 d, but I’m not a great lover of fruit or veg. I like pears, but only if they’re ripe and not rock hard, I like broccoli and carrots, but only if there’s plenty gravy, hate cauliflower and “Jeff food”.Like grapes, strawberries and raspberries too.Need to watch what I read too, was looking at a web page earlier, that said to reduce blood sugar, take more exercise, and reduce carbs. However my wife used to be a medical secretary, and said take no notice of that, just listen to the doc, and eat healthier.

Last edited by RPWC; 23rd May 2019 at 22:23..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote