View Single Post
Old 13th March 2018, 19:38   #13
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikris View Post
Fusso Coat (Body Sealant) Long Term Test

Since August when I did the paint correction and applied two coats of Fusso, the only product I've used on the paint is Carpro Reset maintenance shampoo. No quick detailers or anything else at all. I've washed it maybe once every three weeks to a month at most.

As anyone who knows the roads up here will tell you, they can be covered in inches of mud and muck from the fields, and goodness knows what else. Because my drive is overhung with trees, the car can also be covered in bird droppings and tree sap and we all have solid fuel stoves up here so fallout from the chimneys also covers the car. The car has also been covered in snow when we were snowed in a few weeks back and of course, road salt. So basically, since August the car has been through it all with only basic washing every few weeks.

All I can say, after 7 months is wow! The beading is almost as good as it was when I first applied the Fusso.

After washing & rinsing the car this morning:
You can see where the Fusso has failed around the windscreen washer jet due to my winter windscreen fluid containing IPA. But the failed patch is a lot smaller than it would usually be with ordinary car wax.

The most amazing thing though are the wheels. I Had DA polished the wheels and put on two coats of Fusso back in August when I did the rest of the car.. Wheel dirt and especially brake dust now just mostly rinses off. This is just after hosing the wheel, before washing . .
Honestly, most of the dirt and brake dust just rinses off. Tar spots also come off quite easily after washing with a wheel brush.

At one point over the winter, during some gales, a tarp flew in from goodness knows where and wrapped itself around the car, resulting in lots of fine scratches However, even in places where it did scratch, the Fusso is still beading just as well as everywhere else on the car.

What I've decided to do is carry on this Long Term Test until August, at which point it will have been on the car for a whole year.

I can't wait to see how the Fusso holds up for the claimed '12 months'.

Ali.
Is this the product?